tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: ip fragmentation

From: Ashley Thomas <athomas () cc gatech edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:48:41 -0500

I think this question has been asked before too.

Libpcap is just a library of functions for packet capture. After you capture the pkts it is upto the application to do the rest - ip frag reassembly, tcp stream reassembly etc.

-ashley

arvin jon wrote:

hi there!

I would like to ask how does libpcap support ip fragmentations? Does it automatically reassembly fragments?

Also, does anyone know how to analyze tcp streams using libpcap? Are there any sample code in c?

thanks!

--
Ashley Thomas
Research scientist

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe