tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: extracting tcpdump data

From: Hannes Gredler <hannes () juniper net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:15:59 +0100

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 11:20:17AM -0700, Rusma Mulyadi wrote:
| I am looking for tools/ scripts that can be use to preprocess tcpdump file.
|
| For the tcp packets, I wanna be able to extract the connection level information about the network traffic (e.g.
start time, duration, participating hosts and ports, etc.) for further processing using data mining tool.

| Any comments and inputs are very welcome.

you may try tcpflow

http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/

/hannes
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe