tcpdump mailing list archives

Sample application to use libpcap on FreeBSD

From: "Patel" <vijayppatel () hotpop com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:12:50 +0530

Hello Friends,

I am new to use libpcap. I have written very small program to use libpcap & capture packet on Red Hat 7.3.
Now i need to work on FreeBSD. When i am trying to run new developed program for FreeBSD, it is responding after long
time with the captured packet. While on linux it was working quickly. I had already taken care of putting header files
properly, - when i was converting c code from linux to FreeBSD.

Can any one provide me very simple application working properly on FreeBSD - which will simply capture all packets ?

It would be a great help for me to work on some one's working application.

Thank you in advance.
Vijay Patel.