tcpdump mailing list archives

RE: Decoding UDP SNMP packets

From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON () arinc com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:44:55 -0500

Thanks for the response.  If you are versed with snmp_print and asn1_parse I
would be very interested in discussing online or offline how and why things
are done the way they are.  ASN.1 encoding, IMO, seems a bit convoluted and
over-done.  The history behind SNMP, SMI, and the OSI CMIP effort is very
interesting.

Maybe you could link me to a good SNMP book outside of Orielly's, Stevens
TCP/IP series and Rose's "The Open Book".

Thanks in advance,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated