tcpdump mailing list archives

timeouts within pcap_open_live() a rare privilege? :)

From: Radu Negut <rnegut () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:57:37 -0800 (PST)

Is there a list of platforms which support the
pcap_open_live() timeout parameter? I believe mine
isn't on such a list , so my question is what can be
done about it? One option I'm thinking of is spawning
a separate thread to act as some sort of
stopwatch/timer, but I'm sure there must be a more
simple/elegant solution to this... Any hints?

Thank you for taking the time to answer me,
Radu Negut