tcpdump mailing list archives

question

From: "subramoni padmanabhan" <smoni77 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:32:01 -0400

Hi,

Can anybody suggest a way for me to write a tcpdump type filter which allows me to access the first two bytes of a DLT_LINUX_SLL header. I am using the "any" device to capture packets using libpcap.

To make this more clear, the tcpdump filter to capture packets whose ethernet header has its first byte to 1 is 'ether[0] = 1' Similarly, is there a way to get at the first two bytes of a DLT_LINUX_SLL header so that I can use it in a tcpdump type filter. Any quick suggestions would be really helpful as my project has been stalled trying to figure out a way to do this.
Thanks.

Subramoni Padmanabhan
G-126, 700 woodland avenue
Lexington, Kentucky 40508