tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Parsing OSPF packets captured via tcpdump

From: Hannes Gredler <hannes () juniper net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:54:04 +0100

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 10:41:38AM -0500, Aman Shaikh wrote:

| Hi
|
| I have captured raw OSPF packets using -w option of tcpdump in a file.
| I know I can use -r option to read the packets, but looks like that does
| not give
| me everything in the packet. Has anyone written code that can look into
| OSPF packets and print out all the information? Any help/pointers would
| be great....
|
| aman

aman,

use the -v option and you'll be surprised how much
information tcpdump does provide;

there is still some work todo [decoding of opaque LSAs etc.]
if you could supply some captures [->too lazy to setup my own
testbed] i'd be happy to extend tcpdump;

/hannes
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe