tcpdump mailing list archives

Problem with Mac OS 10.2

From: Noah Silverman <noah () allresearch com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:26:49 -0500

Hello,

Since upgrading to OS 10.2, I've discovered that tcpdump, as well as ethereal, ettercap, and other libpcap dependent programs, don't seem to work.

I can run tcpdump, and get data, but it is only two types:
1) ALL traffic information too and from my machine
2) ipx and udp traffic from all machines on my LAN

It appears as if TCP traffic is not being received in promiscuous mode, or is not being handled correctly.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas?

Thank You,

------------------------
Noah Silverman
CEO
AllResearch, inc.
424 Broadway FL 3
New York, NY 10013
TEL (212) 965-1900
FAX (212) 965-8733

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe