tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Filter rule

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:36:27 -0800

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 03:14:45AM -0600, Yung Yi wrote:
Then is there any combination of filter rules or functionality for doing it?

None other than filtering on the source MAC address.

I think we can find some applications of packet traces, which
differentiate incoming and outgoing traffic for the specific network
interface, and I think that such application uses libpcap library. Am I
right?

I don't know.

If that is correct, then those applications are either

        1) doing something such as filtering on the source MAC address

or

        2) using a version of libpcap to which some filtering capability
           such as that has somehow been added.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe