tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New APIs to support multiple DLT_'s on an interface

From: Guy Harris <guy () netapp com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:38:43 -0800

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:19:18AM -0600, David Young wrote:
  Hmm.  Any reason that -ex and -eX do not dump the link layer data?

I don't know why - it may be that somebody considered it A Feature that
they don't, or it may be that whoever put in the latter of "-x" or "-e"
didn't think of having "-e" affect the behavior of "-x".

I'd have no problem with "-ex" and "-eX" dumping the link-layer data, if
that wouldn't break somebody's scripts.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe