tcpdump mailing list archives

pcap_next returns "Didn't grab packet"

From: Sam Carleton <sam () linux-info net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:41:29 -0500

I am unable to get either of the first two pcap tests at
http://www.cet.nau.edu/~mc8/Socket/Tutorials/section1.html
to work.  When I run them, this is the output:

DEV: ex0
Didn't grab packet

It looks to me like pcap_net failed to get a pactet.  I am running
this on a P133 NetBSD firewall.  There are two NIC, iy0 (external),
and ex0 (internal).

I know that pcap works because I have compiled snort and have been
able to get that to work fine.  I was wondering if anyone might have
some thoughts on why the  testpcap1.c sample will not work.

Sam Carleton

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe