tcpdump mailing list archives

other interfaces ???

From: "Michael D. Schleif" <mds () helices org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:18:38 -0600

What changes have occured between tcpdump v3.6x and v3.7x that might
cause this?

root@bluetrout:/root
# tcpdump --version
tcpdump version 3.6
libpcap version 0.4a6
Usage: tcpdump [-adeflnNOpqStuvxX] [-c count] [ -F file ]
                [ -i interface ] [ -r file ] [ -s snaplen ]
                [ -T type ] [ -w file ] [ expression ]

root@bluetrout:/root
# tcpdump -vvv -i wan1
tcpdump: listening on wan1

root@bluetrout:/root
# tcpdump -vvv -i ipsec0
tcpdump: listening on ipsec0

root@bluetrout:/root
# /tmp/tcpdump --version
tcpdump version 3.7.1
libpcap version 0.7
Usage: tcpdump [-adeflnNOpqRStuvxX] [ -c count ] [ -C file_size ]
                [ -F file ] [ -i interface ] [ -r file ] [ -s snaplen ]
                [ -T type ] [ -w file ] [ -E algo:secret ] [ expression
]

root@bluetrout:/root
# /tmp/tcpdump -vvv -i wan1
tcpdump: interface type of wan1 not supported

root@bluetrout:/root
# /tmp/tcpdump -vvv -i ipsec0
tcpdump: interface type of ipsec0 not supported

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe