tcpdump mailing list archives

problem installing libpcap

From: "Rost, Werner" <Werner.Rost () zfboge com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:26:01 +0100

In order to install ngrep I had to install libpcap. "./configure" tells me
about problemxs with flex.

Environment:
-------------------
Compaq Alpha Workstation XP1000
OS:  TRU64 5.1A Patchkit 3
         # uname -a
         OSF1 GOAW26 V5.1 1885 alpha
         #
flex is installed
         # which flex
         /usr/bin/flex
         # flex -V
         flex version 2.5.3
         #

libpcat:   libpcap-current.tar.gz
        # cat VERSION
        current-cvs.tcpdump.org.2002.11.12
        #

./configure gives following output:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... alphaev67-dec-osf5.1
checking target system type... alphaev67-dec-osf5.1
checking build system type... alphaev67-dec-osf5.1
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking that cc handles ansi prototypes... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for __attribute__... no
checking for u_int8_t using cc... no
checking for u_int16_t using cc... no
checking for u_int32_t using cc... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for sys/ioccom.h... no
checking for sys/sockio.h... no
checking for ifaddrs.h... no
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for netinet/if_ether.h... yes
checking for ether_hostton... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strlcpy... no
checking if --disable-protochain option is specified... enabled
checking packet capture type... pf
checking for getifaddrs... no
checking if --enable-ipv6 option is specified... no
checking whether to build optimizer debugging code... no
checking whether to build parser debugging code... no
checking whether we have /proc/net/dev... no
checking for flex... flex
checking for flex 2.4 or higher... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for capable lex... insufficient
configure: error: Your operating system's lex is insufficient to compile
 libpcap.  flex is a lex replacement that has many advantages, including
 being able to compile libpcap.  For more information, see
 http://www.gnu.org/software/flex/flex.html .

What goes wrong?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / regards
Werner Rost

ZF Boge GmbH
Werner Rost
IT
Friesdorfer Str. 175
D-53175 Bonn

phone:        +49/228/3825 420
fax:  +49/228/3825 398
werner.rost () zfboge com

www.boge-vibrationcontrol.com/

This Mail has been checked for Viruses
Attention: Encrypted mails can NOT be checked!

**

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte mails koennen NICHT auf Viren geprueft werden!