Snort mailing list archives

Re: Matching http_cookie content

From: Stephen Reese via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:25:55 -0400

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 10:29 AM Alex Tatistcheff <alext () pobox com> wrote:

I would first simplify the Talos rule until you get it to alert. Then add
keywords back in until you find the culprit. Unless you've done this you
dont know what part of the rule is not matching.

Thanks, I do not have an issue generating requests using the Scapy or
sockets library for most rules, it's a handful of rules related to
http_cookie and http_client_body that are troublesome. The pattern I see in
the rules I am unable to trigger is related to rules having a content
option defined twice whereas other rules only have the content option once.