Snort mailing list archives

Snort Rules Download

From: Mark Tan via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 13:22:41 -0500

Hello,

I recently took over a Snort implementation at my work. It is on Snort v2.9
and PulledPork v0.7.4. I noticed today that my daily job to update the
snort rules is not completing successfully. When I run the command, I get a
404 error when retrieving the rules from this site:
http://snort.org/downloads/community/community-rules.tar.gz. I tried going
to the URL via a web browser and got a "file not found" message. Has this
been taken down permanently? If so, what are my possible solutions to get
around this (besides updating to Snort 3).

Thank You,
Mark

--
Mark Tan