Snort mailing list archives

URL filtering

From: Hakki Aydin Ucar <aucar () servisnet com tr>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 12:07:07 +0300

We are looking for URL filtering solutions. We need an URL filtering on a
web proxy all users traffic flows through on it.

A dynamic URL filter to check the database and if there are records on it ,
they will block these URLs based on blocking the resource path of the IP
address like explained below.

https://211.74.xx.yy:2200/namespace-project-name/
   \___/   \___________/\______________________/
     |           |                        |
  scheme     Host:Port            resource path

*Schema*: http OR https
*Host*:*Port* OR Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) : convention might be “
www.example.com” OR “IP address:port”

*Resource path*: to be blocked part

*Is snort able to do this solution ?*

Regards,

H. Aydin Ucar

Intl. Project Manager & CyberSecurity Consultant
Servisnet Telekomünikasyon Hizmetleri San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
Kurtköy Sanayi Mah. Teknopark Bulvarı No:1/1C-2C Blok Kat:7 No:1703
Pendik/İSTANBUL 34906
Telephone: +90 216 9999679

Mobile: +90 549 5222738