Snort mailing list archives

custom rule does not seem to work

From: ZOTTO Pascal <imap () translating-it com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 13:00:29 +0100

Hi,

I hope this is the correct way to ask questions as I can't see any forum like structure to post anything.

I'm quite new to Snort and got stuck with writing custom rules. I use Snort on my PfSense firewall combined with pfBockerNG. I want to block every attempt to reach .php pages on my server and have this rule but it does not seem to catch any user looking for php pages on my site. All requests go through and are found in the log files of the server but none in the log files of pfsense.

reject tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> any [80,8080,443] (content:"php"; http_uri; nocase; fast_pattern:only; sid:1000001; msg:"Schwachstellen php";)

I added the rule under Snort Interfaces > My Interface > WAN Rules (Category custom.rules) AND saved the list.

Did I miss something?

Another strange thing is that everytime I save that list my interface gets stopped and I need to restart it manually, is that normal behaviour?

--

Rechtlicher Hinweis: Alle unsere Übersetzungen und sonstigen Dienstleistungen unterliegen unseren AGB (https://www.translating-it.eu/de/agb). Legal Note: All our translations and other services are subject to our terms and conditions (https://www.translating-it.eu/en/agb).

Ich arbeite mit SDL Trados Studio 2021
I work with SDL Trados Studio 2021
Je travaille avec SDL Trados Studio 2021
Lavoro con SDL Trados Studio 2021
Ech schaffe mat SDL Trados Studio 2021
Trabajo con SDL Trados Studio 2021
Ik werk met SDL Trados Studio 2021