Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] hyperscan and boost broken when i try to install thoses

From: "Oleksii Shumeiko -X \(oshumeik - SOFTSERVE INC at Cisco\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:09:17 +0000

Hi.

I assume, you try to install Hyperscan from sources.
The advice here is to refer to Hyperscan's documentation.

From the error message, it appears that there is no Makefile generated yet in your targeted directory.
In my case, I installed Hyperscan using the following commands:

cd hyperscan-5.x.x
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ../
make -j$(nproc)
sudo make install

Hopefully, this could help.

Have a nice day ahead,
Alexey

On 20 Feb 2022, at 16:12, Dorian ROSSE via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org<mailto:snort-users () lists