Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question

From: "Al Lewis \(allewi\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 12:31:19 +0000

Hello,

This looks like a question for the PFSense group.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>

From: Snort-sigs <snort-sigs-bounces () lists snort org> on behalf of Anthony Poretto via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs ()
lists snort org>
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 8:09 AM
To: "snort-sigs () lists snort org" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Subject: [Snort-sigs] Question

Hello, I’m not sure this is the right place to ask my question. If this is not the correct place, I apologize! Can you
please point me to the correct group?

I have SNORT running on pfSense 2.5.2 . I have an on-prem server that use ports 80/443 for the outside world to access.
When users from the outside to access the site, it shows as unavailable. If I clear the BLOCKED HOST, it will work for
a few seconds and fail. I created an aliases  and added the NAT address, the internal IP and domain name for it and it
still seems to get caught by a rule. I have other on-prem servers that work fine for the outside and don’t get caught
by SNORT. This is on the WAN interface. How can I fix or determine what rule is causing the block? Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony J. Poretto,
Technology Coordinator
Hamilton Township Public Schools
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
porettoa () hamiltonschools org<mailto:porettoa () hamiltonschools org>
Phone: (609) 476-6281
Cell: (609) 517-1960

The information transmitted via this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or
pursuing of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you are the recipient of this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.