Snort mailing list archives

some question about snort3 appid inspector

From: "Sitao \"Tony\" Cheng via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 17:29:59 +0800

Hello,&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you so much for your reading my e-mail!
&nbsp; &nbsp; I am using snort3 as an IPS system, switching from snort 2. When using appid inspector for application
identification, I configure the appid, http_inspect and some other Dependency Requirements. But it just cannot
recoginize http applications when I use the command "-r *.pcap", while SMTP\POP\IMAP pcaps are fine. Things runs
correctly in snort 2&nbsp; when using the same pcap file. I know that I missed something needed to configure. Can you
give me some clues?
&nbsp; &nbsp; I would appreciate it so much for you time.