Snort mailing list archives

snort3 - flushing active states

From: Özkan KIRIK via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 17:24:34 +0300

Hello,

Is it possible flush all state table in snort3?
I need this feature for ruleset changes.

Think that I have a rule with action pass. Start a traffic that matches
with this rule. And then I change the action with block and reload ruleset
using killall -HUP snort.
Flow is still being passed event rule action reloaded with block action.
If I stop & start snort3 everything works fine. I think, we need to flush
the states.
And also is it possible to flush states that belongs to single source
address or single destionation address? (E.g. flush states for a client IP)

Regards