Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 3 per DAQ-instance variables

From: Y M via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 03:26:32 +0000

Thank you, Michael.
________________________________
From: Snort-devel <snort-devel-bounces () lists snort org> on behalf of Michael Altizer (mialtize) via Snort-devel
<snort-devel () lists snort org>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2020 9:33 PM
To: snort-devel () lists snort org <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] Snort 3 per DAQ-instance variables

Yes, I removed that functionality with the switch to libdaq3 earlier last year.  I didn't have a compelling use case
for it anymore and it overcomplicated things a lot.  Most of what it would have previously been used for was solved by
providing an instance ID/instance total to the DAQ module instantiation instead.  The libdaq3 library still supports
the flexibility should we ever need to bring back that level of granularity in DAQ module configuration.