Snort mailing list archives

Re: new rules 55703 and 55704

From: John Levy <johlevy () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:32:42 -0400

Hi there,

The SecuraBV repo was one of the repos we used for testing, and those rules
_should_ be alerting on that particular poc. Do you by chance have a pcap
of your attack traffic that you could share? If so, I would be happy to
take a look at it to see what might be causing the miss. Also, it's quite
possible that a miss is the result of a particular Snort configuration.
What base policy are you running? For this particular attack, it is
important that "autodetect" is enabled in the dcerpc2_server preproc for
tcp ports 1024:65535 because of the use of ephemeral ports.

Feel free to send me a direct email with the pcap and your base policy if
you don't want to share that info with the entire mailer.

Thanks so much!

Regards,

John Levy
Cisco Talos

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:41 AM DECula via Snort-sigs <