Snort mailing list archives

Re: byte_test

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:34:40 +0000

It’s measuring two bytes that are 76 bytes from the beginning of the packet (notice there is no “relative” in that rule
option), and it measures those bytes to see if they are greater than 0x2710, in little endian.

If you are experiencing any false positives with that rule, please report them!
https://blog.snort.org/2016/11/reporting-false-positives-with-snortorg.html
<https://blog.snort.org/2016/11/reporting-false-positives-with-snortorg.html>

--
Joel Esler