Snort mailing list archives

Re: Use of flowbits in Snort to alert upon reception of second identical packet

From: Alex McDonnell <amcdonnell () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 12:25:17 -0400

I think you could do this more easily by using detection_filter. This will
allow you to specify after how many identical (according to the rule)
packets to alert, and over how long a period of time.
http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node34.html#SECTION00477000000000000000

Alex McDonnell

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 11:49 AM stephane potier via Snort-sigs <