Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules update frequency and can firewall get sales license certification with snort rules subscribed

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 15:47:45 +0000

We typically update rules on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
https://snort.org/talos

As far as passing that test?  I am unfamiliar with that test, so I can't give you an answer.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division

On Oct 15, 2019, at 11:51 PM, 殷欣 <yinxin () tp-link com cn<mailto:yinxin () tp-link com cn>> wrote:

HELLO,

We want to subscribe business rules , can you tell me how often the rules update?
And if we use it in our firewall products,is it competent enough to pass the IPS test items in getting certification
called Computer information system security specific product sales license in China (like below)? IS there any other
manufacturers successful in doing so with your rules subscribed ?
Thanks advance.
Regards.
<image001.png><image002.png>

Yesenia