Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort: error while loading shared libraries: libdnet.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From: Alan Knox via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 11:24:26 -0400

Hello Dorian,

You’ll need to put libdnet.1 in the same directory as libdnet.so.1.0.1 (or whatever you currently have on your system).
Be mindful that if you’re compiling for 64-bit, you’ll need to do this for the 64-bit libdnet. On Redhat derived
systems (CentOS, Fedora, Oracle, etc.) this will be /usr/lib64, not /usr/lib.

Alan