Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort3: Active: active.device is mandatory

From: Meridoff via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:52:38 +0300

"you have something configured which requires active support "

Yes, I have reject {} subsytem and 1 reject rule. But no device and no
max_responses and others settled.

вт, 15 окт. 2019 г. в 16:49, Meridoff <oagvozd () gmail com>:

Ok, thanks.
But Active.enabled if max_responses > 0 or if react/reject rules used (it
calls set_enabled(true)). I have such rule. So ,
in Active::thread_init() calls open(sc->respond_device.c_str()) for empty
device string.

I can configure active.device and max_responses. Though I can't find this
requirements in doc/active.txt.

Thanks