Snort mailing list archives

snort rules 2990 question

From: David Decker via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 09:57:02 -0700

Current system is Unbuntu 14.04 running Snort 2990

In trying to reduce the size of the snort rules 2990 files we have removed
the src folder and all unused OS files under the precompiled folder.

We wanted to see if this a viable solution, and would this have any impact
in the field.

(We run systems in out of band, not connected, no internet, and low
bandwidth).

-After we reduce the size, we run pulled pork to update the rule sets.

Thanks
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org