Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rate limits on MD5s for snort rules

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:13:17 +0000

Hello Francis,

First, we only publish rules two or three times a week (at most once a day for the community rules), and when we
publish more than that, we make an announcement about it.

Second, once an hour is plenty sufficient.  The rule is if you make more than 7 requests in 5 minutes, you are blocked
for a period of time.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division