Snort mailing list archives

Re: About Sort Pattern Matching

From: "Russ Combs \(rucombs\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:44:53 +0000

Did you configure profiling?  You want to look at mpse for fast pattern searching and/or content for rule option eval.

Are you asking about Snort 2 or Snort 3?  Content option matching is done via MPSE searches if fast pattern only, or
via the content option itself otherwise.  So what part are you interested in?

More details gets more info.

Russ