Snort mailing list archives

Re: Anyone else seeing lots of 129 20 this am?

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 20:32:09 +0000

We didn't update the version of Snort you all are using.  But we did update the preprocessor.rules file.  So, if you
are getting alerts now, Snort may have been generating them all along, and the preprocessor file was never able to
generate a named alert, as Snort didn't know what to name it.

If you want to disable this check, it's part of the stream5 preprocessor configuration with the "detect anomalies"
configuration line.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division