Snort mailing list archives

Re: FATAL Error spp_session.c

From: "Al Lewis \(allewi\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 03:29:46 +0000

Have you tried using an updated version of snort? 2.9.8.3 is pretty outdated.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>

From: Snort-users <snort-users-bounces () lists snort org> on behalf of "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson ()
bcferries com>
Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 9:15 PM
To: "snort-users () lists snort org" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Subject: [Snort-users] FATAL Error spp_session.c

Hi,

We are running Snort 2.9.8.3 and using pulledpork to update the rules and send a HUP to the snort process(es).  On a
few of our sensors we are getting an error message when snort tries to reload:

FATAL ERROR: spp_session.c(3517) Session configuration included in non-default policy

Snort starts fine though, it’s just on a reload that this can happen (and not all the time either) and it causes the
snort process to stop.  We are using config binding as well.

Anyone run into this, or know what might be causing this error?

Thanks
Shawn
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org