Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort v2.9.14.0 Issues - (snort_decoder) WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram

From: Amish via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 11:41:54 +0530

On 26/07/19 1:52 am, Joel Esler (jesler) via Snort-users wrote:
All,

We have identified the issue in 2.9.14.0. We are evaluating next steps.  In the meantime, I am going to pull 2.9.14.0 off the website.

Sent from my  iPhone

Please inform if this issue will affect NFQ DAQ? (via iptables NFQUEUE)

I have updated snort to 2.9.14.0 on few servers (about 2-3 days have passed), but no one has reported any error or issue.

Also I do not see any thing in systemd journal (for snort.service). (using Archlinux)

If issue is not likely to affect then I would not revert the update.

Thanks in advance,

Amish.

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org