Snort mailing list archives

Re: Assistance w rule that detects traffic to *IP only* URL

From: Dave Killion via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 21:22:58 -0700

Now, the shortcomings of my signature:

   - No IPv6 support
   - No Port Number support
   - Really quick-and-dirty IP detection - could be much better, at a cost
   of increased performance impact
   - Probably other issues I can't think of at the moment

it's not perfect, but it gets the job done, mostly, and it should be a
suitable starting point to tweak from should these features/scenarios be
needed.

-Dave