Snort mailing list archives

Unable to compile snort3 plugin

From: Christian Leclerc <christian.leclerc () sphere3solutions com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 09:04:34 -0400

Hello community,
I am trying to create a new snort3 plugin for my personal project and I
have problem compiling the code .. I know , I am a noob ..

Iv'e took the code from snort3_extra in git, everything's seams to work
fine so I remove everything I didn't need and create my own logger.

The create configure script works just fine, without any problem but when I
am trying to compile my plugin ( based on the alert_all code) I am stuck
(for like an hour now) on this error :

*/home/chris/snort3_underlayer/src/loggers/alert_underlayer/alert_underlayer.cc:12:10:
fatal error: packet_io/intf.h: No such file or directory #include
"packet_io/intf.h"          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~compilation
terminated.src/loggers/alert_underlayer/CMakeFiles/alert_underlayer.dir/build.make:62:
recipe for target
'src/loggers/alert_underlayer/CMakeFiles/alert_underlayer.dir/alert_underlayer.cc.o'
failedmake[2]: ***
[src/loggers/alert_underlayer/CMakeFiles/alert_underlayer.dir/alert_underlayer.cc.o]
Error 1CMakeFiles/Makefile2:121: recipe for target
'src/loggers/alert_underlayer/CMakeFiles/alert_underlayer.dir/all'
failedmake[1]: ***
[src/loggers/alert_underlayer/CMakeFiles/alert_underlayer.dir/all] Error
2Makefile:151: recipe for target 'all' failedmake: *** [all] Error 2*

It's looking like my make command dosen't see the snort libs ?
Is any body have a clue for me ?

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Chris.

Christian Leclerc, CSSLP, CEH, OCMJEA, OCPJBCD, SCJP, ZCE
christian.leclerc () sphere3solutions com

Sphere 3 Solutions inc.
No. d'entreprise: 842171969
2801, Boul. Des Promenades,C.P. 11016
Ste-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Québec,J0N 1P0
Tél.: 514-940-1067
http://www.sphere3solutions.com

*CONFIDENTIALITÉ* L'information apparaissant dans ce message électronique
est de nature légalement privilégiée et confidentielle. Si ce message vous
est parvenu par erreur et que vous n'êtes pas le destinataire visé, vous
êtes par les présentes avisé que tout usage, copie ou distribution de ce
message est strictement interdit. Vous êtes donc prié de nous informer
immédiatement de cette erreur et de détruire ce message.

*CONFIDENTIALITY* The information in this message is legally privileged and
confidential. In the event of a transmission error and if you are not the
individual or entity mentioned above, you are hereby advised that any use,
copying or reproduction of this document is strictly forbidden. Please
advise us of this error and destroy this message.