Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is Snort affected ? (CVE-2019-1696, CVE-2019-1704)

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 16:59:43 +0000

I don’t know if we have a list of every version affected.  But I would assume anything less than 2.9.13.0 that does SMB
parsing should upgrade.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division

From: Vladimir Kunschikov <kunschikov () gmail com>
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 3:06 AM
To: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Cc: Snort User <snort.user () gmail com>, snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] Is Snort affected ? (CVE-2019-1696, CVE-2019-1704)

Thanks for the notification. Seems like blog post about 2.9.13  was updated and contain message about this
vulnerabilities been fixed.
Do anybody have some pcap file for the reproduction? Or maybe somewhere does exist some list of Snort versions affected
by this vulnerability?

  https://blog.snort.org/2019/04/snort-29130-has-been-released.html

вт, 21 мая 2019 г. в 00:19, Joel Esler (jesler) via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org<mailto:snort-devel ()