Snort mailing list archives

Re: Plex and Netflix issues

From: Lucas Smith via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 16:42:27 -0600

With Discord, as long as you know the server you're connecting to for voice
traffic, yes. If it's triggering GID 137 rules in the preprocessor though,
you're probably better off turning those rules off instead of trying to
whitelist because I know those rules will also hit Hulu and a few other
streaming services which use CDNs. Not sure on if suppressing would be
viable as a fix. Others may know a better option than I on this.

Lucas