Snort mailing list archives

Re: subnet alerting problem

From: "zap.beeb" <zap.beeb () web de>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 17:04:23 +0100

Unsubscribe
On Jan 23, 2019 2:11 PM, "Al Lewis (allewi) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org> wrote:

Hello,

Are you spanning all network traffic or running snort inline? If not.. snort isn’t seeing all of the traffic on your
network.

Albert Lewis

ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING

Cisco Systems Inc.

Email: allewi () cisco com

From: Snort-users <snort-users-bounces () lists snort org> on behalf of basan via Snort-users <snort-users () lists
snort org>
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 7:46 AM
To: "snort-users () lists snort org" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Subject: [Snort-users] subnet alerting problem

Hello,

I recently downloaded and installed snort3 on ubuntu 18, it is working fine but it gives me alert only for its
interface IP address, although I have used the entire subnet range for the HOME_NET in the snort.lua configuration.
Is there a way that snort can give me alert for all the hosts in the HOME_NET range addresses?

Below is the command that I use to run snort:

snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.lua -R /usr/local/etc/snort/rules/local.rules \-i ens5 -A alert_fast -s 65535 -k
none

Thanks,

Basan

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org