Snort mailing list archives

Snort on OpenWRT

From: Posting Stuff via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 14:58:38 -0800

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else has gotten Snort running on an
OpenWRT router? I've been working on this for several weeks now and am
stuck. Snort comes as a installable package and there are some basic
instructions here:

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/snort

I've gotten it to start and have tried testing it using a rule to detect
Nmap but I don't see anything in the logs coming to my syslog server.

If there's anyone who's done this that can provide some guidance it would
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Mike
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org