Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort cannot monitor traffic

From: Patrick Mullen <pmullen () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 20:56:09 -0400

Hello!

You should direct your question to the snort-users list, but I believe the
first thing you should try is to make sure you are running snort as root
and also you need to know that if you are launching attacks at the device
running snort, unless you disabled hardware checksum offloading, snort will
ignore the traffic due to checksum errors. It is best to run snort on a
separate device, only monitoring traffic.

Thanks,

Patrick

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 10:20 AM main chan via Snort-sigs <