Snort mailing list archives

Re: :)

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randal () procyonlabs com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 00:56:47 -0500

I'll top post here just to say:

Please don't use BASE anymore. I, and I know Kevin, haven't maintained it in a decade. If it runs at all, I'll be amazed. It might catch fire or steal your car.

I have considered writing something more modern, but kept taking jobs with places like ArcSight, Tenable and Splunk - which try to work with many security products, thus losing focus on a "Snort Only" solution.

Let's make this an open question. Does anyone see a need for a super-GUI for Snort? Something dedicated for management and analysis, easy to install, and open source? Does something like that already exist (and I've just overlooked it)?

I've been getting by just feeding events to Splunk and management sensors via CLI. But if there is demand, I might get off my ass and do something useful.

Plug away...

Randal