Snort mailing list archives

Re: How get list of valid app names for appids rule option.

From: Diddi amiibiai via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 21:50:09 +0100

je travail sur Windows 7 j'ai besoin d'aide.

Le ven. 5 oct. 2018 à 17:39, Meridoff via Snort-users <
snort-users () lists snort org> a écrit :

Cool, thanks!

чт, 4 окт. 2018 г. в 21:32, Mike Stepanek (mstepane) <mstepane () cisco com>:

It would actually be preferable to use the 2nd column in appMapping.data
(the "pretty" name; the one with caps and spaces and whatnot). We used to
use the last column years ago, but we've since then standardized on the 2
nd column. Internally, there's a bit of normalization that happens
(lower case, underscores, etc) for a bit of backward compatibility... and
they match MOST of the time. I would recommend, though, sticking with the 2
nd column.

- Mike Stepanek