Snort mailing list archives

Generic ICMP event rule

From: Sam Johnson <Sam.Johnson () flagshipcredit com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 18:59:24 +0000

Hello all,

Trying to disable the generic ICMP event rule but having some trouble with it. For clarification it's this rule:

[**] [1:10000001:1] Snort Alert [1:10000001:1] [**] [Classification: Generic ICMP event]

I added the 1:10000001 (and even the 1:10000001:1 - not sure which one it is) to the disablesid.conf file for pulled
pork. Ran pulled pork, yet it's still firing. I don't see that ID in snort.rules or in the sid-msg.map file. So I'm not
entirely sure where its coming from. Does anyone know how to disable this rule??

Thanks!
- Sam

The information transmitted via this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org