Snort mailing list archives

Re: I am going to install Snort IDS binaries on all Windows client and server operating systems

From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <turritopsis.dohrnii () teo-en-ming com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 09:23:04 +0000

Good afternoon from Singapore,

I was wrong. The instructions for installing osquery for Windows are here:

https://osquery.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation/install-windows/

First, you need to install Chocolatey package manager for Windows:

https://chocolatey.org/install

Then you install osquery for Windows using the instructions here:

https://chocolatey.org/packages/osquery/

The actual command is as follows:

choco install osquery --params='/InstallService'

And then you follow the final instructions here:

https://osquery.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation/install-windows/

I already have osquery for Windows installed on my work laptop. But no events in Event Viewer\Applications and Services
Logs\Facebook\osquery yet.