Snort mailing list archives

Issues with Snort v. 2.9.12-WIN32 GRE Build 325

From: "Greg R. via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 22:17:55 +0000 (UTC)

Having some issues getting Snort up and running (v. 2.9.12-WIN32 GRE Build 325).

First issue is the Windows version config file suggests using absolute paths, but the program prepends the default path
(C"\Snort\etc) to that, which obviously fails. The workaround was to move the "rules" and "prepreproc_rules" folders
under \etc, but that also might be causing other problems.

Also, the "i" switch doesn't seem work - I was able to enumerate my interfaces with the  "W" switch, but both "i3" and
"i 3" throw an error.

Now I'm getting "Missing argument to RULE_PATH" errors, but that might be related to the first issue above.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on these issues.

--
GregR
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org