Snort mailing list archives

Re: Make error compiling Snort on Fedora 28 - rpc/rpc.h

From: ROBERTS Paul * DAS <Paul.ROBERTS () oregon gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:37:18 +0000

I guess should have been more specific.  So, I need to compile Snort 2.9.11.1 on Fedora release 28.  All packages
updated as of 09/27.  Still failing.

'./configure' has no warnings or errors.

'make' runs for a bit and ends with the fatal error:  sp_rpc_check.c:32:10 fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file or
directory #include <rpc/rpc.h>

I do see the referenced header here: usr/include/tirpc/rpc/rpc.h

I assume maybe just a path issue?  I tried (probably incorrectly) to include the path of the header with some command
line options but nothing worked.  Any ideas how to get 'make' to recognize that rpc.h is actually there?  Or could some
package be missing even though the header appears to be present?

Thanks