Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules to Alert on Same System(Word Doc)

From: "Carter Waxman \(cwaxman\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:48:10 +0000

If client, server, and sensor are the same machine (assuming you are catching the file in flight not the
payload-generated traffic), you want $HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET 80. Additionally, the port direction and
flow:to_server,established will only alert on upload, so check that it’s what you want.

- Carter

On 9/20/18, 10:18 AM, "Snort-users on behalf of Mike via Snort-users" <snort-users-bounces () lists snort org on behalf