Snort mailing list archives

Re: It is possible to execute NIPS and NIDS together?

From: "Cynthia Leonard \(cyleonar\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 06:38:24 +0000

Hi Younes,
If you run Snort in NIPS mode , that should help you detect and block the attacks.  You can initially start with rule
action as alert, if you want to only view the alerts, then you can change the rule action from alert -> drop if you
want to block the attacks after taking a look at the alerts.

Regards
Cynthia