Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can Snort detect a download file from internet?

From: Russ via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 21:30:55 -0400

Snort 3 can detect files using the default conf.  It is easy to configure capture, etc. as well.

https://github.com/snort3/snort3.git

On 5/21/18 9:06 PM, Antonio Leding wrote:
For easy reference: https://www.snort.org/faq/readme-file

On May 21, 2018, at 6:04 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com <mailto:jesler () cisco com>> wrote:

Snort can extract files from the network in real time and write them out to disk.  Please see the email that Al sent earlier about the README.file

Sent from my iPad